Advanced Utility Systems, a division of N. Harris Computer Corporation ("Advanced", "we", "us", "our") is committed to protecting the privacy and security of the personal information we receive and collect from you through this website. We also believe in transparency and are committed to informing you about how we treat your personal information.
This privacy notice discloses the privacy practices for www.advancedutility.com (the "Website") and applies solely to information collected by this Website. It will notify you of the following:
- What personally identifiable information is collected from you through the Website, how it is used and with whom it may be shared.
- What choices are available to you regarding the use of your data.
- The security procedures in place to protect the misuse of your information.
- How you can correct any inaccuracies in the information.
PLEASE READ THIS PRIVACY NOTICE CAREFULLY TO UNDERSTAND HOW WE TREAT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION AND WHAT CHOICES AND RIGHTS YOU HAVE IN THIS REGARD. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS NOTICE, YOU SHOULD NOT USE THE WEBSITE.
Our Role in Protecting the Privacy and Security of Your Personal Information
Advanced is responsible for adhering to applicable data protection principles and laws and to safeguarding the personal information that you provide to us through the Website. Advanced does not sell personal information and we have not sold personal information nor shared personal information for commercial purposes in the preceding 12 months.
The types of information we may collect (and have collected in the previous 12 months) include:
- Contact Information, such as your name, address, email, telephone number and other contact details. We typically collect this information (and have collected in the previous 12 months) in order to respond to your requests made through our Website about our services, including requests for resources or other content, such as webinars, case studies and white papers.
- Business Contact Information, such as contact information and other personal information in order to respond to your requests and provide content you have requested for yourself or on behalf of your organization.
- Location Information, such as your Internet Protocol (IP) address. We collect this information to assist with analytics, content development and to maintain and improve the security of the Website.
- Cookies and Similar Technologies, which are small files and other data collection and tracking technologies that enable certain website functions. We use these technologies to track user behavior on the Website and to maintain and improve the security of the Website. For further information, see the Cookies and Similar Technologies section of this Notice.
Our Uses of Personal Information
In addition to the uses described above, Advanced uses the personal information we collect through the Website in the following ways:
- To comply with our legal and compliance obligations, including maintaining records, performing compliance audits, etc.;
- To exercise and defend our legal rights, or to comply with court orders;
- For any other purpose related to and/or ancillary to any of the purposes and uses described in this Notice for which your personal information was provided to us;
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information;
- For any other purpose to which you have consented or for which we have a legitimate and lawful basis under the law.
We will not sell your data nor share it without your express permission. You have a right at any time to stop us from contacting you for marketing purposes.
Disclosure of Personal Information
We will not share your information with any third party outside of our organization, other than as stated in this Notice.
|Acquisitions||If another company acquires Advanced we will share your personal information with that company.|
|Disclosures With Your Consent||We may ask if you would like us to share your personal information with other unaffiliated third parties who are not described elsewhere in this Notice. We will only disclose your personal information in this context with your consent.|
Without Your Consent
|We may disclose your personal information in response to subpoenas, warrants, court orders or other legal process, or to comply with relevant laws. We may also share your personal information in order to establish or exercise our legal rights, to defend against a legal claim, to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding possible illegal activities, suspected fraud, safety of person or property.|
Advanced may share your
personal information with our service providers. Among other things, service providers may help us to administer the Website, and assist us with processing for legitimate purposes permitted by law.
Your Access to and Control Over Information
You may opt out of any future contacts from us at any time. You can do the following at any time by contacting us via the email address or phone number given on our website:
- See what data we have about you, if any.
- Change/correct any data we have about you.
- Have us delete any data we have about you. Please note that we may not be able to delete your information in the event that the information remains necessary for the purposes for which it was collected or another legal basis applies.
- Express any concern you have about our use of your data.
You have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you. If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal information we have gathered, please email CCPArequest@harriscomputer.com. We want to make sure your personal information is accurate and up to date. You may ask us to correct or remove information you think is inaccurate.
If you have questions, need additional data, or have concerns about our privacy practices, please contact us at CCPArequest@harriscomputer.com.
If you feel that we are not abiding by this privacy notice, you should contact us immediately via email at CCPArequest@harriscomputer.com. You may have rights under your local laws to file complaints with your local data protection authority should you wish to do so.
Cross Border Transfers of Personal Information
Advanced stores and processes personal data in Canada and the United States. While the data protection, privacy and other laws of Canada and the United States might not be as comprehensive as those in your country, we take necessary and appropriate steps to protect the security and privacy of your personal information. By using our Website or requesting services from us, you understand and consent to the collection, storage, processing and transfer of your personal information to our facilities in Canada, the United States and those third parties with whom we share it as described in this Notice.
Cookies and Similar Technologies
A "cookie" is a small file created by a web server that can be stored on a user's device for use either during a particular ("session" cookie) or future ("persistent" cookie) browsing session. Cookies may include information about Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), URLs of any referring or exited webpages, operating system and/or date and time stamps.
In addition to cookies, Advanced may passively collect information about your browsing activities using other data collection and analytics technologies, such as internet tags, web beacons and navigational data collection in order to improve Website functionality and analytics.
Do Not Track
We do not currently recognize browser settings or signals of tracking preferences, which may include "Do Not Track" instructions.
Data Retention Policy
If you have opted in to one of our marketing communications offerings, such as our newsletter, we will continue to retain your contact information until you choose to opt out. If you opt out, we will keep your information for up to three years, unless you ask us to remove it by emailing CCPArequest@harriscomputer.com.
Our website contains links to other websites. This privacy notice only applies to this Website so when you link to other websites you should read their own privacy policies.
Advanced cannot and does not (i) guarantee the adequacy of privacy, security, practice content or media provided by third parties or their websites, (ii) control third parties' independent collection or use of your personal information, or (iii) endorse any third party information, products, services or websites that may be reached through embedded links on this Website.
Changes to our privacy notice
We keep our privacy notice under regular review and we will place any updates on this web page. This privacy notice was last updated on July 22, 2019.
How to contact us
Please contact us if you have any questions about our privacy notice, information we hold about you, or how we maintain the security of your information: CCPArequest@harriscomputer.com or 1-888-355-7772. If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, please email CCPArequest@harriscomputer.com.